- 1 cup washed/soaked cashews or skin less almond or a mix of the 2
- 3 or 4 cups water depending on the consistency desired
- Sweetener. 2 dates or a pinch of green stevia or liquid stevia or 1/2 tsp honey/agave or maple syrup (optional)
- Pinch of Salt
- i tsp cinnamon
- Optional 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Wash and soak the cashew or and almonds for 1 hour or overnight preferably
- Drain and rinse well
- Blend all the ingredients with the water on slow then high speed for 2 min
- Strain through a sieve or milk cloth
- Store in a glass bottle
- Tip: when I drink some I add a little water each time to dilutes and make it last longer.
Keeps 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Use the remaining paste to make cookies or energy balls. Mix with sweeteners, chocolate bits, gojis, dates for delicious sweets.
- I froth mine and add some turmeric, stevia and a little black pepper
- Cold: I blend in a Tbp of baobab powder + 2 dates + some ice cubes
in any smoothies or drinks!