- 1 Cup tomato paste bought or make your own if you have the courage!
- 2 Tbs honey or 4 Tbs maple syrup
- 4 Soft dates (place in hot water 15 min)
- 4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Onion powder or a mix with celery salt powder
- Pinch of clove
- 1 tsp of dry Oregano
- Pinch of salt
- If you like it spicy a pinch of cayenne pepper or tabasco
- Optional 1 baked beetroot. It makes it creamier!
- Optional 1/2 small onion
- Optional 1 tsp yellow mustard
- About 5Tbsp of water (from the soaked dates)
- Blend all ingredients in high speed blender until smooth and creamy
- I have added a lot of optionals as you can taste and make your own best variations. Keep tasting with your family, specially children who might be a little more … tricky to convince that it is the real thing!
Very versatile. Teens use it on every thing and we even have it as a dip with raw vegetables or bread
Home made is always better even if it is quite sweet and made with tomato paste. Home made not processed that’s real food. No refined sugar. Additive preservative free.